Sunday, January 15, 2012

My life as a Professional Hairfluffer...

I was thinking (imagine THAT!) at work about some of the things we as hairstylists face in an average day.  I thought that after 20+ years of making people look good, (and refraining from strangling some of them) I would start a blog that I could add to as things happen, or as I remember stuff.  Things to make you laugh, or cry... and things I have wanted to say but would have gotten fired if I had.  *blink*  You must remember that I am a "problem solver" and tend to attract anyone who is a tad different (aka: crazy as hell) so some of these stories will seem made up.. but I have witnesses. *wink*
  To break things down, I will call the client CL and myself MB (of course)...*fluttering eyelashes*


One of my most recent memories is of a  young lady who sat in my chair and said:
CL:  MB, now-- I wants to keep my lenththasis. 
MB:  *blink* Length.  You want to keep your length. 
CL: *looks at me confused*  That's what I said..
MB:  No, you said lenththasis... length is plural.. well its assumed plural regardless...
CL:  *looks at me really confused* what?
MB:  Never mind..


I have to give Angela Lonier 5 stars/snaps for this one.  Apparently she had a difficult client today... I swiped this from her Facebook page...
  "ok people. If you want your hair to do something specific but you dont wanna cut it. I can't help you. If you don't wanna style your hair to get what you want, I can't help you. You needto talk to God about why you don't have magic hair that will surpass all physics and just do what you want with that stuff you call hair to do. I am a hairstylist not a miracle worker people!!!"

 Yall just dont know what your stylist has been though that day when you sit in their chair! <3 MB



Stay tuned as I add things over time... =)

2 comments:

  1. I <3 u MB and I can't wait to see what you'll say next! ~ HH (your future daughter in law's mom) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *snicker*.... working with a bunch of middle schoolers I get similar 'dialect' issues:

    Mizz B? Can I ax you a queshon? Can you sign me a pass from da maff lab to da liberry?

    Translation: Mrs. B.? Can I ask you a question? Can you sign me a pass from the Math Lab to the Library?

    ReplyDelete