Thursday, October 27, 2011

4 Days of Procrastination

Dearest Darling Bloggie,
  I know I swore on the DSL Gods that I would not forsake you and keep up with blogging, but this time, I actually have a real honest to God excuse!  (not the kind I make up in a pinch so I don't look TOO irresponsible...)
  I set a goal  to do some serious organizing with our finances this past weekend. (Our weekends are usually Tuesday and Wed) I happened to be off Sunday and Monday too!  Let me tell you the HIGHS and lows of the goals I set.
  I planned to organize my bills and get my checkbook in order like NORMAL people do, instead of flying by the seat of my pants. 
  As I was gathering my paperwork together, I remembered that I needed to go though all this paperwork in my filing cabinet and organize it into  a file box, and just throw away things I did not need.  I needed to be able to go straight to the box and find the car title, or the insurance information.
  So, I started there.  I shredded an entire lawn bag full of paper work. (Well Ellen Sue did. I organized every scrap of paper I had.  Emptied the filing cabinet, and had the kids put it in the van so I could give it to a lady at work.
  I did succeed in putting bills and coupons together... just not writing them down.
  As I was taking a break and knitting... I was thinking about how good it felt to do that.  To really, truly organize!  So... that  led to the following: 
  1. Organizing my desk, and pulling out the cabinet and cleaning behind it, and knocking off my modem and tearing it up, thus causing me to be without internet for 1 1/2 days, in which time I decided it would suck if I had to blog from my iPhone..
  2.  That led to me saying.. ohhh all that craft stuff..  I went though container after container of craft things that I had bought over the years.  I had duplicates and triplicates of so many things because of disorganization.  I separated everything, and threw away things I was holding on to that I would "do" one day even though I would never get around to it.. I fixed 2 boxes FULL of crafts that I have no intention of ever doing anything with, and listed them on Craigslist.  One has already sold!  *hayyyyyyyyyyyy!*
  3.  THAT led to me moving an antique chifferobe into my living room to store all my yarn, needles, crafting supplies that I plan to keep.
  4. THEN I realized that I needed something new to eat on my Weight Watchers.  So I decided to make AND give away some Pumpkin Butter. 
 Notice not one time do I mention organizing my bills.  I am half way miffed at myself for  not getting it done, but I am STOKED over the fact that I organized so much stuff and now have it in one spot!  That is a miracle in itself! 
  Now, I have to go Bloggie, because I have to get ready for work, and I have been procrastinating doing that by sitting here and playing on the computer for hours.  *eye roll*
  Until later...
  MB

 

No comments:

Post a Comment