Monday, October 24, 2011

Good Morning Monday!

Dear Bloggie,
  Like most days, I find myself excited to be alive and churning with ideas for the day, the month, the rest of my life!  The coffee is really good today, and I am planning to make a list of things to do.  Hmmm, perhaps I should make a list of things I need to make a list of so I don't forget to make a to-do list.  Oh well, on with my story...
  I must admit that I have had some "light" dawning on the darkness moments lately.  There are very few times that what pops into my mind is not known to everyone in hearing distance.  (Or seeing distance being that I am told I do NOT have a poker face!)  But thankfully, somehow, I have managed to hide SOME of the excitement when I "get it"!  You know, I finally understand why something or someone is the way they are?? Or why I do something, or don't do something and how to fix it, etc...  Anyway, its an exciting thing to have happen to me. At times I am afraid to share with anyone what has just "dawned" on me for fear that they will look at me and say "Well, DUH!"  Yet, I am also afraid NOT to share because I want the world to know that I am not habitually sluggish, I am actually mentally overwhelmed!
  One major thing that happened yesterday is that my Sweet Baboo (from here on out known as SB) and I were watching CBS's "Sunday Morning" and there was a story on about Luma Mufleh and how a wrong turn changed her life. It didn't just change her life, it changed the life for so many war torn children that have become refugees in our country. 
Both me and the SB were in tears as we watched all Luma had/has accomplished. This is a direct link to the Fugees site! (it's so worth your time)   A soccer game, turned into a school -- a way of life.  As we were watching SB said "Look at these kids, and look at our bucket headed  kids" He shook his head in a "where have we gone wrong" type of way.  *sound of light dawning on MB's mind*  Luma had just said in the interview, "I must lead by example.."  I looked at my SB and told him that we should be ashamed of ourselves.  How can our kids pick up their stuff if we don't.  How can our kids follow though if we don't.  We lead by example.  And we have not been leading anything or anyone.  I can blame it on others, or other things, but it is up to me to gain some control over this runaway mind.  (Apple DOES make an App for that!) It's up to me to get into a routine.. Me.  (taking a good look at yourself sucks sometimes)
  As of late, I have been making little changes here and there.  I have noticed that the people around me are following suit.  At work I have been dressing like a girl.  Now you may think thats crazy since I AM a girl, but I am just not foofooey like that.  If I dressed and looked like what most people think I should since I cut hair the way I do, I would be uber hot!   But, truth be known, I just am not foofooey.  (Now I may look like I just crawled outta bed when you see me, but I bet you anything my lips are slathered with some bright color!)  Anyway, I noticed some of the ladies I work with, starting to do little different things.  I am in no way saying I am a trend setter, but I think when they saw me try something new that was very forgien  to me, and I was actually COMFORTABLE with it, (imagine that!) they seemed to want to try something new too.
  I also noticed that the more I do at home, the more my family does.  WithOUT me asking.
  It is my wish that I wake up one day, and be a combo of June Cleaver, Martha Stewart and "Roseann Conner", but with my really cool silver streaks!
  Have a great day Bloggie.  I would promise to talk tomorrow, but something might float by my eye and distract me... so until we talk again.....
  MB
 

No comments:

Post a Comment